Thank you for your interest in working with KiwiClass!
The application form below is for ESOL volunteer applicants only, note that Homework Club volunteers should contact the Homework Club directly.
Important – Police Vetting Form
Please download the form from here:
Posted: Criminal Records Unit, Ministry of Justice, National Office, SX 10161, Wellington.
The completed form and copy of identification need to be
When the form is emailed an auto-generated reply is sent to say it’s been received and will take about 20 days to process. This auto-reply is what we need the volunteer to forward to us.
When the volunteer receives the final MoJ report in an email attachment, they need to forward this to us to scan file complete the process.
When you have the clearance record from MoJ
Schedule a brief phone interview to assess your suitability and answer any questions you may have.
If you are selected as an ESOL volunteer
You will be invited to a mandatory group induction where you will get a lot of useful information:
- an intro’ to KiwiClass history, mission values, our client group
- the practical aspects = role description and teaching tip guidelines
- do’s and don’ts
- relevant, important policy documents:- Confidentiality Agreement, Code of Conduct, Duty of Care and Boundaries, Outreach and Vehicles, Child Protection & Safety, Values and Approach, Health and Safety Checklist and reporting lines
- Usually, the invitation to Induction has been 2 hours on a weekday evening 5-7 pm
Compulsory Attendance at the Induction is NOT A GUARANTEE ( of a match / volunteer-class placement.) There are many factors to consider. A placement is based on mutual availability, the teacher’s decision of their needs and those of their students.
What type of training does KiwiClass provide?
- During the volunteer induction you will learn the ESOL classroom guidelines, as well as teaching tips and ways to work well with KiwiClass learners.
- There is usually a Peer to Peer Support Group meeting where some training or a speaker presentation is provided.
- We hold a thank-you gathering for all volunteers at the end of each semester during National Volunteers Week in June and again in early December.
- Also, Volunteers are welcome and encouraged to attend the two Students’ End of Semester Celebration and certificate presentations in June and December.
Please read the role description then fill in this application form and attach a current CV – then our Volunteer Coordinator Jinnie Potter will be in touch with you soon.
You can find more details about our ESOL volunteer selection process here.