KIWICLASS IS CURRENTLY RUNNING ALL OUR SERVICES ONLINE
- Students: please talk to your teacher about your class and how to attend
- Employment Clients: please talk to your employment coach
- Homework Club: please wait for more information after the school holidays
- New Students: email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to enrol
- For information about how to access our classes online, visit this page
- For information about Covid-19 and other support, visit our Support page.
Stay home, stay safe, be kind.
New Zealand Red Cross has translated the Ministry of Health Easy Read Resources available for you to download. Please note these translations have been prepared by the community as part of their response to COVID-19.
Multicultural support services
He amo taunaki
At KiwiClass we support former refugees and migrants in the greater Wellington region whose first language is not English through:
- Beginner English courses
- Help in their search for work
- Help in identifying what their English learning needs are and in developing their education pathways.
We are a not for profit organisation, and all our services are free of charge for NZ residents and citizens.
• Cultural and linguistic identities
• Effective settlement of migrants
• Success in education, training and employment
• Sustainanble economic independence of migrants
MCLaSS Employment team is supporting me in my job search, they helped me to write my CV and Cover Letter, to practice interview and apply for jobs. Thanks to their support I have gained local experience in different industries in New Zealand and I feel more confident about my skills.
Maria EvaEmployment Programme Client
My experience with the Employment service at KiwiClass has been very positive and exciting because they supported me to find my first job in New Zealand. They helped me to gain the confidence I needed, and they listened to me. Even now that I am working, they still invite me to participate in workshops and activities that are very useful for me. Those sessions were fantastic, I feel stronger now and I know about my rights and possibilities to become self-employed.
JulyEmployment Programme Client
My experience with the employment team from KiwiClass has been of 10 stars. They supported me with all the steps and advice I needed to find the right job. I always felt welcomed with them.
AlejoEmployment Programme Client
I like the classes because they treat us with respect to both the teachers and the staff of the offices, and the opportunity they give us to learn to study and thus have a good future.
Before I came to KiwiClass I could not understand so I did not feel good about using my English. I never miss a day of class and I am very happy.
I like KiwiClass because there is cultural diversity. It teaches us how to interact with other people. I’ve had opportunity to learn, the patience teachers have to teach.
Half-day courses of different levels matching school term, perfect for those who have school-aged children at home or working part-time. Friendly and experienced teachers make English learning very interesting and not only I had improved my English there, but also I have gained much knowledge about different cultures from our classmates that came from different countries. I love learning at Kiwi Class !
I like KiwiClass because I’m a slow learner and KiwiClass provides me with a more comfortable method to learn English.
Before I came to KiwiClass I felt my English was not good. But since I’ve come to classes I am improving my English. At KiwiClass I always feel I belong, I never feel foreign.